Rev. Nayiri Karjian, Association General Minster
330.940.2220 x 102 | email@example.com
Nayiri has been serving as the General Minister of the Association since February 2018. An Armenian Christian born and raised in Aleppo, Syria, Nayiri graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Haigazian University, and Near East School of Theology, Beirut Lebanon; and with a Master of Divinity degree from Lancaster Theological Seminary, Lancaster, PA. Since her ordination in 1985 she has served UCC congregations in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Chicago, Houston, St Louis, and Colorado Springs. Nayiri has shared her gifts both as settled and transitional Minister, including numerous board and committees on the UCC National Setting.
Contact Nayiri for:
- Pastoral care and consultation to pastors and lay leaders.
- Guest preaching and worship leadership
- When your pastor resigns or retires
- Issues of Committee on Ministry, including Members in Discernment
- Pastoral Excellence and Communities of Practice
- Installations, ordinations, church anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Worship planning/development
- Visioning, Revisioning and Assessment
- Governance restructuring
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership development
- Church closures and Legacy/Forever Church
Rev. Michael Howard, Minister of Faith in Action
330.940.2220 x 103 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael has been serving as the Minister of Faith in action since March 2019. From the wooded knobs of Kentucky countryside, Michael is a teacher, community organizer, and prophetic Christian leader. He has taught and served around the world, including Peru, Brazil, India, Ethiopia, Virginia, and New Jersey. In addition to traditional pastoral ministry, Michael has coached and co-founded a number of community organizations, nonprofits, and a media design consultancy. Michael is an ordained minister in the UCC and has an MPA from Morehead State University and an MDiv from Drew Theological Seminary.
Contact Michael for:
- All things related to Community engagement, outreach/mission, prophetic action
- Help with visioning and organizing community engagement ministries
- Prophetic witness and social justice issues
- MissionInsite questions and interpretation
- Wider church connections and issues
- Advocacy and community forums
- Interfaith relationships
Kellie Ramirez, Information Management and Media
Kellie joined us in January 2021. She has been an enthusiastic member of First Congregational Church of Akron since 2010, participating in many ministries including worship music, Feeding Hope Food Pantry, Sunday Bakers, and more. She managed media and marketing at First Church for several years and has also honed skills in administration and data processing. Kellie studied music at The University of Akron where she played clarinet in marching and concert bands, sang in several choirs, and was heavily involved in Tau Beta Sigma, a sorority which serves bands and works to empower women in music. She also has experience as a nanny and in automotive business development, which have helped her identify and fulfill needs, foster creativity, and cultivate a deep sense of compassion.
330.940.2220 x 100 | email@example.com
Contact Kellie, as Search and Call Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, for:
- All things concerning Search and Call Process (except placement)
- Ministerial profile issues, settled and Interim
- Local church profile issues
- Call agreements and compensation guidelines
- Interim and pulpit supply issues
- Sending clergy profile to a local church
Contact Kellie, as Registrar, email@example.com for
- Clergy transfers of standing
- Changes to church information: email address, phone number, website, etc.
- Changes to clergy records: contact information, new degrees or certifications, training experiences, etc.
- Documentation and records relating to Committee on Ministry
- Assistance with three or four way covenants
- The Association’s Calendar and events
- Year-end reporting and 11-year-reports
Contact Kellie, as Media Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, for
- Questions regarding website
- Questions concerning media (virtual meetings and worship, social media posts, streaming, etc.)
- Communications and Streams of Connection
- Including your articles in SOC
Machelle Miller, Financial Admin and Office Manager
330.940.2220 x 104 | email@example.com
Machelle has been serving the Association in a variety of administrative capacities since 2010. Her current position encompasses Financial Administration, Office Management and NEOSOM registration coordination. Machelle studied business Management with an emphasis in accounting at Kent State University.
Contact Machelle for:
- Questions about OCWM giving
- Church-requested financial statements
- Basic financial questions and gifts and payments to the Association
- Assistance needed with church budgets and financial questions
- Issues regarding pastoral benefits including Pension Board questions
- Questions about NEOSOM, our School of Ministry
- Questions about church employee background checks
Gene McAfee, Dean of North East Ohio School of Ministry
Gene serves the Association as the Dean of NEOSOM. He also serves as the Pastor of Faith United Church of Christ, Richmond Heights. A Native Buckeye, Gene earned a BA in Journalism and Religious Studies, an MDiv from Yale Divinity School and THD in Old Testament from Harvard Divinity School. Gene served at St. Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh, Scotland and The Memorial Church of Harvard University.
Call Gene for:
- Questions about NEOSOM
- Questions about alternative paths to ordination through NEOSOM
Don Hill, Financial Development Consultant
Don has been serving as the Financial Development Consultant since 2015. He is an independent governance, fundraising and planned giving consultant for faith communities and other non-profits. For thirteen years, Don served as a member of the UCC National and Global Ministries staff in Financial Development. He serves as chair of Board of Directors of the Pacific School of Religion and is a Board Source Governance trainer and consultant.
Call Nayiri, General Minister to connect with Don as consultant in the areas of Planned giving and development, strategic planning, and sustainable fundraising.